1. Turn in Poems
2. Class discussion on Symbols (Fire, Mockingjay, Bread, Dandelions) and Themes (Survival, Desensitizing Entertainment, Poor vs. Rich, Sacrificing the Young)
3. HOMEWORK: Read Chapter 15 and take two-column notes. Pay special attention to identifying examples of Symbolism and Themes.
1. Quiz #5: Descriptive Verbs, Chapters 11-13
2. Work on poems with partners. Student feedback. DUE MONDAY.
1. Check Homework-13 words from Chapter 13.
2. Poetry-write poems inspired by your descriptive verb of choice. We will work on these tomorrow. Due Monday!
1. Work in small groups to read and take notes over chapter 14.
REMEMBER 13 words due tomorrow!
1. Finish reading/taking notes over Chapter 12 (with audio book)
HOMEWORK: Read Chapter 13 and find 1 descriptive verb on each page of the chapter. Write each verb WITH page number. This should be a list of 13 verbs. DUE 2/21/2013
1. Finish chapter 11
2. Page number scavenger hunt!
3. Compile chapter 1-11 notes. These will be checked TUESDAY. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM ALL!
1. Finish Chapter 10 notes. If this is not completed IT IS HOMEWORK.
2. Begin Chapter 11. I will provide chapter 11 notes tomorrow. We will finish this in class.
BE SURE TO HAVE ALL READING NOTES READY AND UP-T)-DATE. If you were absent it is YOUR responsibility to do them. If you have lost them it is YOUR responsibility to redo them. NO EXCUSES.
Also, BRING YOUR BOOK TO CLASS EVERY DAY.
1. Go to the Book Fair!
2. Hunger Games Part I Self-Reflection
1. Turn in Facebook project
2. Read and take 2-column notes over The Hunger Games Part II/Chapter 10
TESTING CONCLUDED TODAY
2. Work on Facebook assignment. DUE MONDAY!