While learning about activities that would keep young children engaged, 6th grade students made homemade playdough!
Kool Aid Play Dough
• 1 Cup Flour
• ¼ Cup Salt
• 1 Packet Kool-Aid
• 1/3 Cup Water
• 1 Tb. Oil
– Mix the flour, the salt, and the Kool-Aid together.
– Boil the water.
– Add the oil to the water.
– Pour some of the water into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon. Keep adding water and work the dough until the color is uniform and feels like playdough.
Join us for the first FCCLA Meeting!
Thursday, August 20, 2015
3:30 – 4:30 pm
Ms. Bowen’s room at EJMS!
Make your own Ice Cream Sundae!
Hear all about our FCCLA plans for the year!
Welcome to Family and Consumer Sciences!
It’s a JUNGLE out there, be prepared with FACS!!
FACS – Family and Consumer Sciences
This is an introduction class to the major areas of FACS!
1. Human Growth and Development – We will study ages and stages of young children, caring for young children and age appropriate activities that we can do with young children to keep them engaged and safe! We will also discuss families and develop communication skills!
2. Money Management – Are you a good consumer of your time, money and resources? Banking basics – check writing, completing a deposit slip and check register and Budgeting!
3. Housing and Clothing – Caring for clothes, Color wheel, elements of design, make a creative project!
4. Foods and Nutrition – We will be studying MyPlate, major nutrients, kitchen safety and food safety. Students will also learn proper measuring techniques and will prepare 1-2 different recipes!
We will be cooking/preparing/eating foods during this class. If your child has food allergies or special requests (lactose intolerance or gluten – free diet, etc.) please let me know!
I look forward to teaching your child! Please contact me if you have questions or concerns!
Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher
706-335-2083, ext. 19507
Email – email@example.com
Website – http://sites.jackson.k12.ga.us/dbowen/